According to KCNA (2017-1-9):
A joint conference of officials of the party, state, economic and armed forces organs took place in Pyongyang on Saturday and Sunday to discuss ways for carrying through the tasks set forth by respected Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un in his New Year Address.
Attending it were Premier Pak Pong Ju, member of the Presidium of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers’ Party of Korea and vice-chairman of the DPRK State Affairs Commission, Kim Ki Nam, Choe Thae Bok, Pak Yong Sik, Ri Man Gon, O Su Yong, Kwak Pom Gi, Choe Pu Il, Jo Yon Jun and other senior party, state and army officials, officials of party and armed forces organs, the Cabinet, working people’s organizations, ministries and national institutions, and officials of local party and power organs and major industrial establishments.
Pak Pong Ju made a report.
He said that Kim Jong Un in his historic New Year Address, full of his will to devote himself to the country and people and warm love for them, proudly reviewed the successes made last year and showed an avenue for this year’s march.
The miraculous achievements in all fields of the revolution and construction last year are precious fruition of the wise leadership of Kim Jong Un, the reporter stressed.
He put forward the goals on important items to be carried out by the sectors of the national economy this year and referred to the issues arising in attaining them.
He stressed the need to attain earlier the goals for this year, a year of important significance in implementing the five-year strategy for national economic development, and further glorify the prosperous Kim Jong Un era.
Then inter-sector meetings of the national economy were held.
The meetings worked out the realistic and scientific militant goals in all sectors of the national economy and discussed the measures for hitting them.
The meetings discussed in depth the concrete orientation and ways for implementing the militant goals of all fields and units by dynamically waging a drive for producing and economizing as much as possible upholding the slogan of self-reliance and self-sufficiency.
Speakers at the meetings expressed their will to fully discharge the missions and duties as vanguard fighters in the new era of the Juche revolution in the all-out general offensive this year in order to attain the height of the five-year strategy for national economic development, true to the Party’s idea and intention.
KCTV footage of the meeting can be seen here. It took place in the new auditorium built for the premier’s office.
Here are some translation notes from the video:
Pak Pong Ju said:
-Following the 7th Party Congress, NK has strengthened its self-defensive military power and become a nuclear power in the East.
-Proud achievement on the economic front after 70-day and 200-day combats
Following sector-focused meetings:
– should find ways to normalize the production of electricity and steel
– should guarantee that coal, minerals and logs are produced at the right time
– should find ways to make sure coal mine products daily, monthly, and quarterly — in any conditions
– should make trains available for the use of power plants, mineral plants, and chemical plants first
– should improve the grain and rice industry to make people’s lives better….as well as the combat to catch plenty of fish
– regarding land management, they said that overseas economic cooperation should impove and expand
– should focus on finishing the construction of Ryo Myong street (여명거리). building Tanchon (단천) power plant and others and on modernizing Kim Jong Tae electric locomotive associated enterprise (김정태 전기기관차 연합기업소)
– as it is the season of construction booming, should increae the production of cements and localize and diversify the production of construction materials.
– should domestically produce raw materials, fuel, and equipment